If you discover rodent droppings, chances are that rodent urine and saliva are present and the animal is likely to return. Even when measures have been taken to exterminate, the potential risk of contamination is heavily present.
In NYC and Long Island, rodents were found to carry the Hantavirus, an infection that cause people to get Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS) which can be a fatal respiratory disease caused by rodents.
Rodent feces in attics often infect the insulation and ductwork that can quickly spread Hantavirus throughout your home. Scurrying noises from the attic or when you enter your garage are a clear indication that rodents have taken residence in your home. Rodents also cause significant damage to stored items by gnawing on fabrics, food containers and even electrical cables. To further exacerbate the issue, the nests and droppings of the rodents become favorite breeding sites for insects that can carry additional diseases into your home.
Health Risks of Rodent Droppings
- Hantavirus – As was seen recently in San Diego County and across Southern California. Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome is a sometimes-fatal respiratory disease in humans caused by rodents.
- Bubonic Plague – Is not yet eradicated and spread by the bite of a rodent infected flea.
- Salmonellosis – Food poisoning through consumption of contaminated food caused by rodents and feces.
- Rat-Bite Fever – RBF is spread by infected rodents or consuming food contaminated by them.
Rodent Dropping Cleanup Process
In order to solve your rodent issue once and for all rodents need to not only be trapped and removed but the droppings, urine, and saliva in the affected areas must be disinfected to remove all possible health risks. Omni Clean specializes in the removal of rodent droppings when rats, mice, pigeons, raccoons, or other vermin are the culprit. Omni Clean can further assist in any rodent problem by providing trusted Vendors in Exterminating and Pest Control Services if measures haven’t been taken to do so.
Omni Clean will provide you with peace of mind knowing that you have done everything you can – including professional disinfection – to keep you and your family safe.